Friction (A Legal Affairs Novel)
Release Date: October 27, 2015
At the powerhouse law firm of Knight & Payne, winning comes first and ethics a distant second. Leary Michaels uses her female charms to daze opponents, and it’s always worked well—until now. On her most personal case yet, she finds herself going up against a defense attorney just as skilled, shameless, and seductive as she is.
Reeve Holloway has never met a woman as sure of her own sexuality, or as ruthless in wielding it, as Leary is. But he won’t be toyed with. What Leary starts, he’ll finish—in the courtroom, the bedroom, or any-damn-place he wants. The sex is uninhibited, electrifying, and absolutely against the rules. Reeve’s job is to ruin Leary’s case…even if it destroys her in the process and costs him the woman he’s come to love.
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25530340-friction
** Friction is being released by Montlake, which is an Amazon publishing company. As such, it will be sold exclusively at Amazon. Please note that you can purchase through Amazon and read on a free Kindle reading app on any smartphone or tablet. Click HERE to download the free Kindle app. **
THIS REVIEW of Friction by Sawyer Bennett is created this 5th day of November 2015 by and between Obsessed With Myshelf and the reader of this review, and in contemplation thereof, states as follows:
WHEREAS, Sawyer Bennett has created a perfectly crafted legal landscape full of sexy opposing counsel, serious banter and steaming heat; and
WHEREAS, Reeve is one hell of a fantastic character. His alpha dominance is an incredible turn on and even though he works for an insurance defense firm (OH THE HORROR) he still has a gloriously golden heart; and
WHEREAS, Leary gets the gold star for how-many-ethical-lines-can-we-skirt-in-one day, but is extremely brilliant and extraordinarily ruthless. She’s willing to win, no matter what the cost; however, she wasn’t expecting to find more than just a fuck-buddy in her opposing counsel; and
WHEREAS, the case – that is close to Leary’s heart – continues to get in the way of of Reeve and Leary giving their relationship a real shot…one without secrets.
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the foregoing, the parties agree as follows:
- Bennett knows how to turn the heat WAY UP. I was incredibly jealous of Leary’s office’s lax policies on pretty much everything, but the use of her office as her fuck pad in the middle of the day takes the top of that list.
- I was totally nervous about her relationship with Ford, her really good friend and fellow attorney; but I shouldn’t have been. He turned out to be a fantastic character who I really hope gets his own book…
- If you’re seeking fantastic sex combined with a ridiculously accurate legal plotline (thanks Sawyer for almost making me feel like I was at work), then you need to read this book. I was actually getting fired up about the Motion to Dismiss, wondering if the state had it’s own Twombly standard, before I caught myself and wanted to kick myself in the face. Don’t worry, you won’t have that problem. The legal stuff is just enough to be there – but I don’t think it’s too much that you won’t understand it if you know nothing about the law.
- I adored the banter, increasing feelings and sexual heat between these two. They take risks both in the courtroom and out, which creates tension to hover you on the edge.
- Smart & sexy, Reeve will have you wishing you can search through his briefs. Well done, Sawyer! 4.5 stars!
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, Obsessed With Myshelf submits this review on the date as listed herein and acknowledges that she received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Enter to WIN!
Enter for your chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card! Click here to enter (entries accepted until 11:59 pm EST on November 6, 2015): http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/1f70eab634/
About the Author
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author, Sawyer Bennett is a snarky southern woman and reformed trial lawyer who decided to finally start putting on paper all of the stories that were floating in her head. Her husband works for a Fortune 100 company which lets him fly all over the world while she stays at home with their daughter and two big, furry dogs who hog the bed. Sawyer would like to report she doesn’t have many weaknesses but can be bribed with a nominal amount of milk chocolate.
Sawyer is the author of several contemporary romances including the popular Off Series, the Legal Affairs Series, the Last Call Series and the Wicked Horse Series. She also writes the Cold Fury Series for Random House.
Connect with Sawyer:
Google +: https://plus.google.com/+SawyerBennett/
Sign up for Sawyer’s newsletter: